If you can’t fix it, you don’t own it.¶
Repair is better than recycling.¶
Making our things last longer is both more efficient and more cost-effective than mining them for raw materials.
Repair saves you money.¶
Fixing things is often free, and usually cheaper than replacing them. Doing the repair yourself saves you money.
Repair teaches engineering.¶
The best way to find out how something works is to take it apart.
Repair saves the planet.¶
Earth has limited resources. Eventually we will run out. The best way to be efficient is to reuse what we already have.
Repair connects people and things.¶
Repair is war on entropy.¶
Repair is sustainable.¶
We have the right:¶
- To devices that can be opened.
- To repair documentation for everything.
- To repair things in the privacy of our own homes.
- To error codes and wiring diagrams.
- To choose our own repair technician.
- To remove ‘do not remove’ stickers.
- To replace any and all consumables ourselves.
- To non-proprietary fasteners.
- To troubleshooting instructions and flowcharts.
- To available, reasonably-priced service parts.
- Is independence.
- Saves money and resources.
- Requires creativity.
- Makes consumers into contributors.
- Inspires pride in ownership.